sola – 06May 20, 2007
Riding trains like it’s 1995.
And there I thought everything would change, but with such an easy-going Mana (“You’re the shadow that flaps in the night? No problem, I like you and nobody is perfect.”) and a lightly, yet heavily wounded Takeshi nothing needs to change at all. Won’t complain, because the way things are is quite fine, just wanted to point out that this series surprises me again and again. Needless to say everything about Aono shown in this episode was very surprising, too.
Things learnt this time:
- The mysterious person from the start of the first episode is in fact Yorito (respectively a former incarnation). Waiting for him in the cave were Matsuri and Aono. Yorito already tried to help Matsuri at that time.
- After she tried to kill herself Aono was made a Yaka by Matsuri in the past. Reason for this suicide was that Aono “don’t wants to live in a world where there’s no Yorito.” The whole scenario reminds of Takeshi’s flashback, so there might have happened something similar to Mayuko.
- One of Aono’s powers is to animate her origami pieces through her blood.
- Matsuri is surprised that Aono and Yorito are now sister and brother.
- Aono is hospitalized for 3 month now because she overused her powers that time. Now she finally regained these powers.
- Aono isn’t startled by Matsuri’s behavior like the others are. She seems to be used to it.
What I make out of the story so far (everything speculative of course):
Yorito already tried to help Mutsumi in the past. At that time he was together with Aono (or at least she was strongly emotional bonded to him). Shortly before he succeeded in his quest something happened to him which most likely resulted in his death. Aono didn’t wanted to live on without him and attempted suicide. Mutsumi then revived her, either because she thought that Aono had chosen wrong or because she couldn’t stand the situation alone. Together they “lived” on, but eventually lost contact to each other.
17 years ago at least one of them stumbled across Mayuko and Takeshi. What exactly happened is unknown so far, but it resulted in reviving Mayuko as a Yaka. Takeshi, at first thankful, soon realized the drawbacks of this. He then developed hate for the Yakas (this one is heavily speculative and is in contradiction to things I stated in previous posts).
About 3 months ago Aono finally found a way to resurrect her beloved Yorito. Maybe intentionally he lost his memory in the process and Aono gave him the fake memories of her being his older sister and their dead parents. She also bought a house in a region where they were unknown. This all took much of her energy and she ended in hospital. Here she meets Koyori while Yorito gets to know Mana in the school he attends. While Yorito can’t remember anything about his past life he is still strongly attracted by the sky at day because of the promise he had given to Matsuri in the past.
Then, some fine morning, he meets Matsuri again…
And now for something completely different: